Friday, February 13, 2009

Bye Bye Tonsils and Adenoids!










Today was a very rough day.....I had to be pulled out of bed at 6am and was driven right to the hospital. Now listen, I was there last week for this surgery and it didn't happen because I had a cold so I was well aware of where I was when we got there. I was not too pleased.

My surgery went great but the doctor said my tonsils and adenoids were HUGE so it was good we got them out. I didn't need tubes but he cleaned my ears out real good. I then spent the next six hours in a hospital crib waiting to go home. I didn't like the medicine, I didn't like the weird gown they made me wear, I didn't like the IV stuck in my foot...about the only thing I liked was when Mommy would hold me or I was on my "happy" medicine. I didn't want to hurt his feelings but I really didn't want Daddy at all today. At some points I didn't even want him looking at me. He got sad but understood it wasn't personal, it's just when you don't feel good you only want your Mommy.

Then to top it all off, I found out that while I was going through all of this, Larkin had a fantastic day with Grandma and Papa. She went to lunch with them and Aunt Becki, she went to the pet store, she went to a fun fair and was having a sleep over there. I kept asking for her all day and then found out she didn't ask about me or Mommy and Daddy once. I see how it is =)

Anyways, I am not bitter, just sore so sorry for the rant here. I wanted to show you a few pictures of my day. The first is me happy watching Little Einsteins (this is before I had a clue what was about to happen), the second is me after the "drunk" medicine they gave me, the next Daddy resting cause he couldn't do anything else since I didn't want him near me,, the next is me resting on Mommy after surgery, the last one is me happy that I'm home and eating some yogurt (yoyo as I call it). This happiness didn't last long. As soon as the good medicine wore off, I was crying and didn't want anything except for Mommy to hold me. I finally got some more and went to bed. Mommy has a air mattress set up all ready to sleep with me for the next few days.

I am glad it's over and hopefully I won't be so sick anymore. Thanks to Grandma and Papa for taking care of Larkin. You are the best and I don't know what we would do without you!! Now...when is it my turn for a day with you to myself???????????????

Love,

P

No comments: