Monday, April 7, 2008

Sickie Poo and Ms. No Clue



So, it's time number two for me to hit the emergency room. I don't know who was crying more...me from being sick or Mommy from being sad and worrying about me. I woke up from my nap with a very high fever so Mommy and Daddy came and got me from daycare. By the time I got to the emergency room, it was 104!!! They gave me some num-num (medicine) and did a flu and strep test. Luckily it wasn't anything like that, just a very bad ear infection (I think this is number 10 already...look out tubes, here I come....hopefully not!).

Here I am very sad resting on Daddy. He and Mommy took turns holding me to make me feel better. We are so lucky to have Grandma and Papa to help us....not only did Grandma leave work to come hold me and comfort me at daycare until Mommy and Daddy got there, but Papa came and played with Larkin while I was getting treated. They are the best and we can't begin to tell them how much we love them! We are even so lucky to have our Aunt Becki as a nurse at the hospital and she came down to comfort me and visit. She's so special, we love her so much!!

So, I left with my fever down to 99.9 and a prescription for some more antibiotics. Hopefully I will sleep a little tonight and feel better tomorrow.

To make things even better, check out this picture of Larkin, she obviously had no clue. She was in heaven playing with her Papa and on the drive home was her usual silly self trying to put our Cubs hat on. I think she watched them win with Papa in the waiting room.

Keep your fingers crossed this is the end of my ear infections and send me a big kiss.

Love you,

P

No comments: